Call for Applications: FRIAS Junior Researcher Workshops / Conferences 2016/17
Call for applications
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) offers
Junior Researcher Workshops/Conferences
September 2016 – April 2017
Application deadline: October 31, 2015, 24 h CET
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is calling for workshop/conference proposals from any academic/scientific field which is of relevance to the research activities at the University of Freiburg. The workshops/conferences will take place at FRIAS between September 2016 and April 2017. Up to five events will be funded. The call is addressed to junior researchers of all disciplines at the University of Freiburg (PhD candidates, PostDocs, non-tenured researchers, junior professors). The applicants should be identical to the conference organizers and include at least two junior researchers of the University of Freiburg. National or international junior researchers from other universities are welcome to apply as co-applicants; responsibility as principal applicant lies, however, with a Freiburg junior researcher. Groups of up to five junior researchers can apply. FRIAS will support the applicants in the organization of the conference.
The best and most innovative concepts regarding a workshop/conference submitted from any discipline represented at the university will be awarded.
The successful junior researcher groups will be invited to hold their workshops/conferences at FRIAS during the above-mentioned period. FRIAS will financially support events with up to €8,000 and assist actively in their organization.
Application deadline is October 31, 2015.
The application must be submitted in English by email as one pdf document to:
The application should include the following information:
1. Title of the workshop/conference
2. Proposed dates for the workshop/conference. (It is recommended that applicants consult FRIAS (see contact below) beforehand regarding the dates.)
Full address, present position and email address of all applicants.
4. Presentation of the event´s topic including a concise outline of the leading questions and goals. (Approximately 3 pages, including possible references, tables and figures. Further attachments are not required.)
5. List of invited external speakers. (Name, work address and position, email address.) Mention tentative acceptances if available.
6. List of Freiburg speakers. (Name, work address and position, email address.) Mention tentative acceptances if available.
7. Information on the number of further registered participants expected from Freiburg or elsewhere. (For organizational reasons participation in the workshop is only possible after registration.)
8. Program structure: A one-page presentation of the workshop/conference schedule (graph presentation possible.)
9. Calculation of costs (refer to instructions on http://www.frias.uni-freiburg.de/en/events/frias-junior-researcher-conferences).
10. CVs of all applicants in tabular form with lists of publications (maximum 1 page each).
For further details please contact Anna Blattner.