Call for Applications: FRIAS Junior Researcher Conferences 2017/18
Call for applications
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) offers
Junior Researcher Workshops/Conferences
September 2017 – April 2018
Application deadline: October 31, 2016, 24 h CET
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is calling for workshop/conference proposals from any academic/scientific field which is of relevance to the research activities at the University of Freiburg. The workshops/conferences will take place at FRIAS between September 2017 and April 2018. Up to five events with up to 50 participants each will be funded. The call is addressed to junior researchers of all disciplines at the University of Freiburg (PhD candidates, PostDocs, non-tenured researchers, junior professors). The applicants should be identical to the conference organizers and include at least two junior researchers of the University of Freiburg. National or international junior researchers from other universities are welcome to apply as co-applicants; responsibility as principal applicant lies, however, with a Freiburg junior researcher. Groups of up to five junior researchers can apply. FRIAS will support the applicants in the organization of the conference.
The best and most innovative concepts regarding a workshop/conference submitted from any discipline represented at the university will be awarded.
The successful junior researcher groups will be invited to hold their workshops/conferences at FRIAS during the above-mentioned period. FRIAS will financially support events with up to €8,000 and assist actively in their organization.
The completed application form together with the required documents in English has to be uploaded on the application webpage (https://frias.wufoo.eu/forms/application-junior-researcher-conferences-201718/) and submitted by October 31, 2016; 24.00 h CET.
The following documents are required to submit the application:
- Presentation of the event´s topic including a concise outline of the leading questions and goals. (max. 3 pages, including possible references, tables and figures.)
- List of Freiburg speakers. (Name, work address and position, email address.) Mention tentative acceptances if available.
- List of invited external speakers. (Name, work address and position, email address.) Mention tentative acceptances if available.
- Program structure: presentation of the workshop/conference schedule (max. 1 page, graph presentation possible.)
- Calculation of costs (refer to instructions on www.frias.uni-freiburg.de/nachwuchstagungen). It is recommended that applicants consult FRIAS - see contact below - beforehand regarding the budget.
- CVs of all applicants in tabular form with list of publications (max. 1 page each).
The application must be submitted in English.
Formatting: font Arial, 11 pt, line spacing 1.5, all margins 2.5 cm.
Page limits may not be exceeded.
Documents 1 – 6 are to be included in one pdf-file.
For further details please contact Nikolaus Binder.