Postdoc with DFG-project "Simulation of
Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies
79104 Freiburg im Breisgau
David Kauzlaric got his diploma in microsystems engineering in 2003 at the University of Freiburg and his PhD in 2009. His PhD-thesis was on particle based simulation of MEMS/NEMS processes and components. From 2003 to 2010 he worked as a PhD-student and Post-Doc at Jan Korvink's chair for simulation of the Institute for Microsystems Engineering (IMTEK), University of Freiburg on process simulation, dissipative particle dynamics, coarse-graining of carbon nanotubes and design of object-oriented particle based simulation software. Since 2010 he is a Post-Doc working at the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) on molecular coarse-graining with projection operator techniques for Graphene-based nanoresonators, first in the group of senior-fellow Sauro Succi, and then as a leader of his own DFG research project. In 2012 he worked in the group of Prof. Pep Español at the Departamento de Física Fundamental at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) in Madrid.
His research interest is the simulation of micro- and nanosystems and processes with particle methods. He is especially interested in mesoscale simulations and molecular coarse-graining.
David Kauzlaric is the main author of the particle simulation software SYMPLER (http://sympler.org).
Coarse graining of molecular systems.
Please follow this link for a complete list
- D. Kauzlaric, M. Dynowski, L. Pastewka, A. Greiner, J. G. Korvink, "SYMPLER: SYMbolic ParticLE simulatoR with grid-computing interface", Computer Physics Communications 185: 1085-1099 (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cpc.2013.11.017
- D. Kauzlarić, J. T. Meier, P. Español, A. Greiner, S. Succi, "Markovian equations of motion for non-Markovian coarse-graining and properties for graphene blobs" New J. Phys. 15: 125015 (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1367-2630/15/12/125015
- A. Fuchs, D. Kauzlaric, A. Greiner, S. Succi, J. G. Korvink "Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Nanoparticle Interactions with a Planar Wall: Does Shape Matter?", Commun. Comput. Phys. 13: 900-915 (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.4208/cicp.391011.260112s
- D. Kauzlaric, P. Español, A. Greiner, S. Succi "Markovian dissipative coarse grained molecular dynamics for a simple 2D graphene model", J. Chem. Phys. 137: 234103 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4771656
- D. Kauzlaric, J. T. Meier, P. Español, S. Succi, A. Greiner, J. G. Korvink, "Bottom-up coarse-graining of a simple graphene model: the blob picture", J. Chem. Phys. 134: 064106 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.3554395
- D. Kauzlaric, P. Español, A. Greiner, S. Succi "Three routes to the friction matrix and their application to the coarse-Graining of atomic lattices", Macromolecular Theory and Simulations 20: 526-540 (2011) http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mats.201100014
- D. Kauzlaric, L. Pastewka, H. Meyer, R. Heldele, M. Schulz, O. Weber, V. Piotter, J. Hausselt, A. Greiner, J. G. Korvink "SPH-simulation of shear induced powder migration in injection moulding" Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. A 369:2320-2328 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2011.0043