Postdoc with External Senior Fellow Sauro Succi
David Kauzlaric got his diploma in microsystems engineering in 2003 at the University of Freiburg and his PhD in 2009. His PhD-thesis was on particle based simulation of MEMS/NEMS processes and components. From 2003 to 2010 he worked as a PhD-student and Post-Doc at Jan Korvink's chair for simulation of the Institute for Microsystems Engineering (IMTEK), University of Freiburg on process simulation, dissipative particle dynamics, coarse-graining of carbon nanotubes and design of object-oriented particle based simulation software. Since April 2010 he is a Post-Doc working in the group of senior-fellow Sauro Succi at the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) on molecular coarse-graining with projection operator techniques. In 2012 he spent six months in the group of Prof. Pep Español at the Departamento de Física Fundamental at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) in Madrid.
His research interest is the simulation of micro- and nanosystems and processes with particle methods. He is especially interested in mesoscale simulations and molecular coarse-graining.
Coarse graining of molecular systems.
Please follow this link for a complete list
- D. Kauzlaric, P. Español, A. Greiner, S. Succi "Markovian dissipative coarse grained molecular dynamics for a simple 2D graphene model", J. Chem. Phys. 137: 234103 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4771656
- A. Fuchs, D. Kauzlaric, A. Greiner, S. Succi, J. G. Korvink "Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Nanoparticle Interactions with a Planar Wall: Does Shape Matter?", Commun. Comput. Phys. 13: 900-915 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.4208/cicp.391011.260112s
- D. Kauzlaric, J. T. Meier, P. Español, S. Succi, A. Greiner, J. G. Korvink, "Bottom-up coarse-graining of a simple graphene model: the blob picture", J. Chem. Phys. 134: 064106 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.3554395
- D. Kauzlaric, P. Español, A. Greiner, S. Succi "Three routes to the friction matrix and their application to the coarse-Graining of atomic lattices", Macromolecular Theory and Simulations 20: 526-540 (2011) http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mats.201100014
- D. Kauzlaric, L. Pastewka, H. Meyer, R. Heldele, M. Schulz, O. Weber, V. Piotter, J. Hausselt, A. Greiner, J. G. Korvink "SPH-simulation of shear induced powder migration in injection moulding" Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. A 369:2320-2328 (2011), http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2011.0043
- L. Pastewka, D. Kauzlaric, A. Greiner, J. G. Korvink, "Thermostat with a local heat-bath coupling for exact energy conservation in dissipative particle dynamics", Phys. Rev. E 73:037701 (2006), http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.73.037701