Postdoc with Internal Senior Fellow Hermann Grabert
Dario Bercioux got his master degree in physics 2001 from the Università “Federico II” Naples, Italy. Afterward, he started his PhD under the supervision of Prof. V. M. Ramaglia working on spin-transport problems. During the PhD he spent six months as a guest in the group of Prof. R. Fazio at the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa. In the 2005 he got his PhD from the Università “Federico II” Naples with a dissertation on “Spin dependent quantum transport in mesoscopic systems”. In Fall 2004 he started to work in the group of Prof. K. Richter at the University of Regensburg, where, in collaboration with Prof. M. Grifoni, he worked on extending the concept of quantum ratchet to systems with spin. In 2007 he joined the group of Prof. Hermann Grabert at the Ludwig-Albert-Universitaet of Freiburg to study the problematics of the electron injection in strongly correlated one-dimensional systems. He joined the School of Soft Matter Research in September 2008 as PostDoc of Junior Fellow Dr. Michael Thorwart. Since Fall 2010 he is a member of the group of the Internal Senior Fellow Prof. Hermann Grabert, working on quantum transport on carbon-based materials.
Spin-dependent phenomena in low-dimensional systems
- M. Schulze, D. Bercioux, D.F. Urban: Adiabatic pumping in the quasi-one-dimensional triangle lattice Physical Review B , 2013; (Vol.87, No.2), 024301.
- D. Bercioux, D.F. Urban, F. Romeno, R. Citro: Rashba spin-orbit-interaction-based quantum pump in graphene Appl Phys Lett, 2012; 101.
- D. F. Urban, D. Bercioux, M. Wimmer, W. Häusler: Quantum transport in a Dirac-like pseudo-spin one system Phys. Rev. B 2011; 84: 115136; http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v84/i11/e115136
- L. Lenz, D. Bercioux: Dirac-Weyl electrons in a periodic spin-orbit potential EPL, 2011; 96: 27006; http://iopscience.iop.org/0295-5075/96/2/27006/
- L. Mayrhofer, D. Bercioux: Pseudo-spin-dependent scattering in carbon nanotubes Phys. Rev. B, 2011; 84: 115126;
- S. Smirnov, D. Bercioux, M. Grifoni, K. Richter: Quantum dissipative Rashba spin ratchets, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 230601 (2008)
- S. Smirnov, D. Bercioux, M. Grifoni: Blochʼs theory in periodic structures with Rashbaʼs spin-orbit interaction, EPL 80, 27003 (2007)
- D. Bercioux, M. Governale, V. Cataudella, V. M. Ramaglia: Rashba-effect-induced localization in quantum networks, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 56802 (2004)
- V. M. Ramaglia, D. Bercioux, V. Cataudella, G. De Filippis, C.A. Perroni, F. Ventriglia: Conductance of a large point contact with Rashba effect, Eur. Phys. J. B 36, 65 (2003)
- C. A. Perroni, D. Bercioux, V. M. Ramaglia, V. Cataudella: Rashba quantum wire: exact solution and ballistic transport, J. Phys.: Condens Matter 19, 186227 (2007)
- M. Scheid, D. Bercioux, K. Richter: Zeeman ratchets: Rectiﬁcation of spin current via magnetic ﬁelds, New J. Phys. 9, 401 (2007)