Interdisciplinary Workshop on Topological States of Matter
18.03.2012 um 09:00 bis
22.03.2012 um 17:00
IGA and FRIAS
University of Freiburg
Topological States of Matter
This interdisciplinary workshop brings together young researchers working on subjects related to topological states of matter, either in condensed matter physics, cold atom systems, field theory or in mathematics. Emphasis is laid on offering the participants the possibility to present their research by giving a contributed talk or by presenting a poster. Moreover, the workshop is structured so to include several keynote lectures given by invited leading experts in the different fields.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Piet Brouwer (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Cristiane de Morais Smith (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Fabrice Gerbier (École normale supérieure, Paris)
- Ewelina Hankiewicz (Universität Würzburg)
- Zahid Hassan (Princeton University)
- Anna Sanpera (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- Jochum Johan van der Bij (Universität Freiburg)
Registration fee is 100 € and includes lunch and social events.
Accommodation of all participants and speakers will be offered in the Atlanta Hotel Freiburg at a special price of 80 € (150 €) in double (single) room for the entire duration of the workshop.
Application deadline is January 10th, 2012.