Application for External Senior Fellowships
Application for Marie S. Curie FCFP fellowships
September 2017 – September 2018
External Senior Fellow (ESF)
Call is open! Application deadline: September 15, 2016
The applicant must hold a PhD plus a minimum of six years postdoctoral research experience or a tenured professorship or equivalent permanent position at the time of the application deadline. According to the EU mobility rule, applicants may not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than a total of 12 months during the 3-year period prior to the application deadline.
The completed Marie S. Curie FCFP application form together with the required documents has to be uploaded and submitted through the online application portal by September 15, 2016. Incomplete or late applications are not considered.
Just for information purposes - a pdf copy of the FCFP application form is provided here.
Required documents are:
Formatting: font Arial, 11 pt, line spacing 1.5, all margins 2.5 cm.
Page limits may not be exceeded.
Annexes 1 – 4 are to be included in one pdf-file.
1. Cover page (max. 1 page).
- Title, name (last, first), e-mail address, link to webpage (optional)
- Date of doctorate (PhD defense)
- Current institution (Name of institution/city/country)
- Research field
- Project title
- Envisaged period of research stay at FRIAS
- The two most important reasons for choosing FRIAS at the University of Freiburg as a host for the research project.
- Established contacts at Freiburg University (name, department; where applicable: host laboratory).
2. Project proposal (max. 6 pages).
The compulsory structure of the project proposal is as follows:
- Research field, title and short abstract of the research project.
- Aims, theoretical framework and methodology of the project.
- Work plan and feasibility (time schedule and projected costs).
- Innovative potential, originality and relevance of the project.
- Added value of conducting research at FRIAS and the University of Freiburg (both for the applicant and the local research community).
- Issues concerning research ethics.
In exceptional cases and only after consultation the exposé can be formulated in German or French.
3. CV in tabular form (max. 2 pages).
For the compulsory structure of the CV please see the CV template.
4. Publication list (especially of the last ten years) highlighting the most important publications and the most important project-specific publications (max. 2 pages).
5. Completed ethical issues table (mandatory for all disciplines).
The evaluation of the research project takes into account the following primary and secondary criteria:
Primary criteria (80%):
- Academic excellence of the applicant (40%)
- Quality of the research proposal and the proposed project (40%)
Secondary criteria (20%):
- transnational/international expertise
- level of independence
- expertise in research management,expertise in teaching, supervision
- interest in interdisciplinary approaches, general openness towards other disciplines
- engagement in knowledge transfer and public awareness activities
Additionally the working environment (refers to infrastructural, technical and laboratory requirements) in Freiburg will also be taken into account with regard to the suitability of conducting the proposed research activities.