Call for Applications Junior Researcher Conferences 2015/16
Open Call for Proposals
FRIAS Competition for Junior Researcher Conferences
July 2015 – March 2016
Application deadline: April 7, 2015, 24 h CET
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is calling for workshop/conference proposals from any academic/scientific field which is of relevance to the research activities at the University of Freiburg. The workshops/conferences will take place at FRIAS between July 2015 and March 2016. Up to four events will be funded. The call is addressed to junior researchers of all disciplines at the University of Freiburg (PhD candidates, PostDocs, non-tenured researchers, junior professors). The applicants should be identical to the conference organizers and include at least two junior researchers of the University of Freiburg. National or international junior researchers from other universities are welcome to apply as co-applicants; responsibility as principal applicant lies, however, with a Freiburg junior researcher. Groups of up to five junior researchers can apply. FRIAS will support the applicants in the organization of the conference.
The best and most innovative concepts regarding a workshop/conference submitted from any discipline represented at the university will be awarded.
The successful junior researcher groups will be invited to hold their workshops/conferences at FRIAS during the above-mentioned period. FRIAS will financially support events with up to €8,000 and assist actively in their organization.
Proposal deadline is April 7, 2015.
The application should be submitted by email as one pdf document to:
The application should include the following information:
1. Title of the workshop/conference
2. Proposed dates for the workshop/conference. (It is recommended that applicants consult FRIAS (see contact below) beforehand regarding the dates.)
Full address, present position and email address of all applicants.
4. Presentation of the event´s topic including a concise outline of the leading questions and goals. (Approximately 3 pages, including possible references, tables and figures. Further attachments are not required.)
5. List of invited external speakers. (Name, work address and position, email address.) Mention tentative acceptances if available.
6. List of Freiburg speakers. (Name, work address and position, email address.) Mention tentative acceptances if available.
7. Information on the number of further registered participants expected from Freiburg or elsewhere. (For organizational reasons participation at the workshop is only possible after registration.)
8. Program structure: A one-page presentation of the workshop/conference schedule (graph presentation possible.)
10. CVs of all applicants in tabular form with list of publications (maximum 1 page).
For further details please contact Ms. Anna Blattner.